To prepare for this course, I spent the summer transferring my edtech2 site that I created using Dreamweaver CC. Though I learned a great deal from coding this site, I decided that for sake of functionality and ease of editing, it would be better for me to transfer my site to a Weebly. Following the conclusion of the program, I will be moving the site to my domain. Currently all of the relevant artifacts have been linked and added to my portfolio.
This week, I have been getting my EdTech Rationale Paper started. I found that the best way for me to approach the paper was to review the EdTech guidelines one by one and match them to assignments I remember. Since I just reviewed all of my assignments to check accessibility and transfer them to my Weebly, this has been a much easier process than using the spreadsheet.
Right now, getting the Rationale Paper is my central focus. I am finding that it is easiest to interpret the AECT Standards by looking at other portfolios. I watched the posted videos about the Standards, but it honestly still trips me up a bit. As I am choosing artifacts, it is slowly becoming clearer. I have outlined descriptions for my artifacts for Standards 1 and 2, and I hope to be through all the Standards by the end of the week.
I have not shot any video, but I have been practicing using Camtasia. I have a beautiful new classroom this year, so I am excited to see how I can use the space to create professional videos.